Skip to main content

Do I make you proud?

Perks of being a faculty member in the College of Computer Studies in my Alma Mater, Lyceum of the Philippines University - Batangas, I have this privilege to attend the greatest event every graduating student dream to be in - the Dedication and Recognition Ceremonies. Just this morning started the event with a Thanksgiving Mass, then the main event continous.

As the program gone by, I have witnessed a lot of things I should be proud of and be inspired. The stories of the students that tells us how hard the path they went to get through everything they earned. Some just settled to pass the course, others wished for an award but was given a better blessing. You'll hear stories that can either inspire you, or break you into pieces. The greatness of our program now was we have 5 students who got up to the stage to deliver their valedictory speech. And they would give out a hint of their life during the 3-minute alloted time.

And all of a sudden, it came all through to me one they had played their graduation song, "Do I make you proud?"

A realization I came to think that time while the song ia playing, at the same time all the stories the student shared to us, plus the run of events that happened to me for the past 8 years of my life.

Do I make everyone proud?

My answer? Not really.

I dont know why but it seems everything fall to pieces. Nothing would come out solid of what I am doing. I realized there are a lot of time and effort wasted, opportunities missed, and feelings have been hurt. I don't know what it will be or what might happen. All that I want to do was to make my tears stop falling from my eyes and never make anyone notice I have teary eyes. Everything struck to my heart as if an arrow had pricked in me. Several times. And it was like, here I am, back to zero. Back to everything where I started.

But then, I see these students wave their smiles out as it signals that they have overcome a large obstacled and won over it, I suddenly said to myself, why would I be ashamed of myself? Leaving the grandeur living in the city to live with the people you love and to make memories with the people that make you happy, is the most important decision I made in my life. Though financially it is very very hard to cope, but I am doing it so that I can be a new me.

As I see their eyes smize, no wonder I can overcome my own obstacles. I had done it before like what these students did, why can't I now? I wouldn't be graduated Magna Cum Laude for nothing, right? Hehehe!

Come on, let me just cry it all out to make myself ok. Just for this time.

Again, Congratulations to the Batch 2016 graduates of the College of Computer Studies of my Alma Mater, LPU - Batangas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Warning: Camera Failed" on your Samsung Galaxy phone

If you have installed any apps that uses your camera, then better sort them out. They may be the culprit that causes the warning message Camera Failed in your Samsung Galaxy phone. I don't know if it happens in other Android devices, but still this will serve as a precaution.  Camera Failed warning message normally happens when an app doesn't handle properly the camera, or never release its use in it after you close that app. In my case, I figured out that the security app I installed in my Samsung Galaxy W bugs my camera. This security app has a feature which you can remotely take photos on your phone, just using a web browser. I was so glad that it has this feature, not until when I am going to take a photo myself on the phone, it shows the warning message Camera Failed . It resolves by rebooting the phone, but after a while, its back.  I searched for some solutions in the web, and finally read about a post telling the users that a certain photo capture app is the cul

Finding your Samsung Galaxy phone using it's Built-in Locator - SamsungDive

We know some of us were so afraid to lose our phone. And some of us have installed some apps from the Play Store (for Android), or from other app stores for other phones, that will allow us locate our phone when we lose it. Perhaps, we can say, that this is one of the things an owner of any smartphone should do. It's not an accessory but a necessity. We don't want to cry over that lost phone and nothing we could do to find it. We are not sure if all of the Samsung Galaxy phone users were aware of this, but they should. We are referring to its Remote Control, the ability of the phone to be controlled remotely from a different device, in this case, a browser. Using the SamsungDive website, the website Samsung had provided to remotely access our phones, we can track and find our phone from any browser, in any computer or devices with internet connection. It's not just tracking the location of our phone, but not limited to remotely locking/unlocking it, clean-wipe it,

Happy New Year!!!

Year 2011 is in its twilight. And as it is fading away in a few minutes, I would like to thank everyone who has been a part of my 2011 life; everything that happened to me, bad or good, I thank it all to you and to God Almighty. I hope the coming year 2012 will be full of opportunities and blessings for me and the people around me, and those who love me.  A very big thank you!!! Let's welcome 2012 with arms wide open! Be good to us 2012! Love you all!!!