Currently I have a Samsung Galaxy W smartphone running in 1.4GHz single core processor with 4GB internal memory and Android 2.3 OS--more specs in here: Samsung Mobile Press. I have already updated its OS from 2.3.5 to 2.3.7 via its Update utility. So far, this phone really is so durable and works the way I wanted. With an unlimited data plan included, I was able to maximize its Internet power. I had also used almost all of its features in my almost 2 months of use. The list would be as follows:
1. Make it as a WiFi hotspot.
2. Play games.
3. Listen to Music and analog FM stations
4. Browse the Internet via 3G and WiFi using its buit-in browser, Firefox, and Opera Mini.
5. Take professional-looking photos (Action shot is my favorite), my self photos, and my own videos
6. Able to locate myself via Maps and Latitude
7. Tweet to my desire and FB to my heart's content
8. Watch movies in it.
9. Make simple calls and text.
10. Video call via Skype.
11. Read emails.
12. Customize my phone's UI to my desire.
13. Voice Search.
14. Send files via Bluetooth.
15. Listen to audio and make phone calls via Bluetooth
16. Read documents in my phone
17. Watch Youtube videos
18. Track my phone's whereabouts (I hope it won't happen again)
19. Access my remote computer in this phone.
The things I haven't done yet on my phone are the following:
1. Develop Android apps and test it in my phone.
2. Root it and change its ROM OS (still in warranty, though).
3. Use it with Samsung Kies
4. Connect it and watch movies to my HDMI-capable LED TV
5. Make video calls via 3G.
6. Reset my phone to factory settings. (I hope I would not need this in the coming future)
7. Send an MMS.
8. Print documents or photos to a printer
9. USB tethering.
10. Debugging mode.
11. Connect it to a projector
The things I wish this device would do or have are:
1. GTalk with video
2. An official update to Android Ice Cream Sandwich (I hope they have an ICS update with this. Calling Samsung)
3. Upgrade hardware like PC in terms of RAM, processor, internal memory (hahaha!).
3. Waterproof and Shockproof and Dustproof (although Samsung says all Galaxy devices can endure the minimum amount of water, shock, and dust, still I need them to be like it, but more than that.)
4. Have an extra battery that can last up to 10 hours.
5. A charging dock and a speaker dock would be so good.
6. Watch analog TV (this is a strike to the moon)
7. Dual SIM with dual standby (this is another strike to the moon).
8. Be able to use stylus (I truly wish so I could use my drawing app more efficiently)
The only problem I notably have was the Camera Failed warning message I posted in my previous blog. But I was able to resolve it. I hope nothing else would happen to it.
I just need to upgrade its external microSD card to accommodate more files and media on it.
I'm still eyeing to have the most powerful, feature-packed, power-efficient and stylish phone, but everything I want to do to a phone was able to provide by my Samsung Galaxy Wonder. I never regret having it since I bought it. It really is a wonder to me. I'll stick to it as long as it is working good or before it becomes broken, whichever is longer.
Hey there, what do you like most from your phone? Share it with us. :)